This week’s questions are stolen from The League of Extraordinary Penpals
1. Describe your phone lock screen.
It’s black, with a Hello Kitty Face. My home screen is pink with white polka dots and another Hello Kitty Face. The go with my Popsocket which is another HK, reading.
2. How often do you journal?
Almost every day now. A lot of it is memes, though. I want to do more non-meme journaling, but I haven’t had a lot going on lately!
3. What’s your favorite thing to teach others?
My babies are languages and grammar. What can I say? I’m a nerd.
4. How do you like to spend Sundays?
Low-key. If the weather’s good, I like to go to the beach.
5. What would you describe as your kryptonite?
Ube anything, or popcorn.
6. A TV show or movie you thought was really bad.
Dude, Where’s My Car. I lasted ten minutes.
7. Do you know your mail carrier?
Nope. We have a few on this route. Plus our mail is in streetside boxes, so I don’t see them often.
8. Which regional foods are your favorite?
Back home in New York… Gazier hot dogs, Stewarts ice cream, Jrecks subs, Sergi’s pizza, and the Bagelry. Here in Hawaii… loco moco, saimin, lau lau, ube, haupia pie, ahi poke, char su manapua, spam musubi.
9. What was your life like 20 years ago?
20 years ago at this exact moment, I was back in the Army at Fort Lee, Virgina. I had two kids, and I was happy to be in uniform again. I had no idea how much my life was about to change in just a few months… 9/11.
10. Crafting hobbies that you’d like to learn or improve.
Knitting. I suck at it. And macrame. Bringing it back old school.
11. What is your favorite type of YouTube videos?
I watch a lot of tiny house and unique house videos. I’m obsessed.
12. Describe your surroundings.
I’m currently on the couch in my living room. It’s decorated in what I lovingly call “Beach Boho.” Local art, beachy things. My coffee table books are books about surfing and local interior design. My shih tzu, Loki, is cuddled up to my hip.
13. You’re making a Time Capsule to be opened in 50 years. What 3 things would you put in it?
A face mask, hand sanitizer, and a COVID vaccinination card.
14. Something you learned recently that resonated with you
I honestly can’t think of anything!